At MK Community Foundation, we are committed to protecting your privacy. This statement describes how MK Community Foundation collects and uses personal information about people who visit our websites. The terms of this statement may change, so please check it from time to time.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement please contact MK Community Foundation by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to MK Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP
MK Community Foundation promises to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to comply with fundraising regulations and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations, 2018); be clear when we collect your data and where possible collect consent and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. Here we tell you in detail what we will and will not do with your information.
This policy includes:
- What personal data we collect and how we use it
- How we collect information about you
- How we keep your data safe and who has access
- Keeping your information up to date
- Right of access and correction of your information
- Changes to this Policy
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting MK Community Foundation by email: email@example.com or write to MK Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP
What personal data we collect and how we use it
The type and quantity of information we collect, and how we use it, depends on why you are providing it.
If you support us, for example make a donation, we will usually collect:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your date of birth
- Your bank or credit card details.
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the services or information you asked for
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted; where possible we will seek consent opt-in and in order to comply with fundraising regulations and GDPR 2018
- Understand how we can improve our services or information
- We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you
If you enter your details onto one of our online forms, and you don’t ‘send’ or ‘submit’ the form, we may contact you to see if we can help with any problems you may be experiencing with the form or our websites.
How we collect information about you
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you give it to us directly
- You may give us your information in order to sign up for one of our events, tell us your story, make a donation or communicate with us.
- When we collect it as you use our websites or apps
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
How we keep your data safe and who has access
- We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details; for example, our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
- We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
- We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
- We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
Where we store your information
MK Community Foundation may for financial or technical reasons from time to time need to use the services of an Internet Services Provider located outside of the European Economic Area.
In cases when we use external websites provided by other organisations such as Twitter or Facebook, then we would ask you to consult their privacy policies.
Right of access and correction of your information
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, although we may charge to provide this. If you spot any mistakes, please let us know and we will correct them.
If you would like to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to MK Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP.
At MK Community Foundation, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement please contact MK Community Foundation by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to MK Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP.