We are seeking highly motivated people to join our inclusive volunteer Board of Trustees, to play an important strategic role in increasing our impact and reach in the communities of Milton Keynes.
MK Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. We connect people and resources to projects and ideas that create a positive impact for our city. In 2016-17 we delivered more than £1.7 million to support our local community.
Our vision is for a thriving Milton Keynes where everyone is contributing to their community.
We achieve this by:
• Inspiring philanthropy in people and organisations to support our local communities
• Championing the work and changing needs of our voluntary and community sector
• Providing long term support through its grant-making and property portfolio
Skills and Experience sought
The Board of Trustees is seeking applications from people who have a commitment to community issues with professional knowledge and skills.
Whilst we are seeking Trustees with Strategic Planning, Business Planning and governance experience we wish to attract people with skills in:
• Community Development
• Property Development
We also welcome applications from people with other areas of expertise, skills and experience.
Through our Vital Signs report, which rounds up research on the community of the whole borough, we are seeking to attract people with knowledge in areas such as:
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Crime & Safety
• Arts & Heritage
• The Local Environment
Please refer to our Vital Signs Report for detailed definitions of these knowledge areas.
Read about our year.
Become a Trustee of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of MK Community Foundation. Each Trustee needs to be prepared to give their time and expertise to make an important contribution to the Community Foundation's strategic aims which requires having the interests of the community at heart and includes:
• Making a commitment to their regular attendance at Board, and other Committee meetings
• Attendance at a range of receptions and events
• Involvement in the Community Foundation's grant and philanthropy activities
• Engaging with your own network to introduce them to the Community Foundation
• Supporting and maintaining awareness of the Community Foundation's activities and also those of the local voluntary sector
• Embracing the Community Foundation’s values and being an ambassador for the Community Foundation
• Becoming a member of MK Community Foundation
Please apply in writing to Karen Cooper, email@example.com by Tuesday 29 August 2017. Please email Karen or call 01908 304432 if you have any queries.
Closing Date: Midday on Tuesday 29 August 2017.
Those short-listed will be invited for an interview.
For an informal chat about what is involved in becoming a Trustee of Milton Keynes Community Foundation call Karen on 01908 690276.