About the Role:
To support the Philanthropy Team to promote community philanthropy, helping to deliver grant-making that meets targeted impact needs in Milton Keynes. Provide administrative support enabling the team to engage individuals and organisations that have set up funds at the Community Foundation and develop the effectiveness and scale of existing donors’ giving.
What we need from you:
- Exceptional communication skills, articulate with the ability to relate to the voluntary sector, donors and members to establish a rapport and credibility with a range of people. Excellent written and presentation skills
- Proven organisational skills; excels at working under pressure. Strong administrative skills, is efficient and able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. Strong attention to detail. Strong lateral thinking and ability to independently solve problems.
- Exceptional IT skills including Microsoft Office, database management, email and web
- Knowledge and understanding of financial matters in assessing project budgets and viability
- Excellent research and assessment and written skills, and an ability to undertake quality evaluation and monitoring (written applications and budgets)
- Knowledge of the local voluntary sector and how the sector enhances the quality of life for local people
- Knowledge of Philanthropy activity in meeting donor and member needs
Salary: £17,500 - £18,500
Location: Acorn House, Central Milton Keynes
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday
Details: Full Time, Permanent following a six month probationary period.
The Community Foundation:
The Milton Keynes Community Foundation connects people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change in our communities through programmes such as grants making our annual Charity Car Raffle. We are leaders in developing philanthropy in our community and engaging with people and companies who have the ability to give money so that we can fund a wide range of voluntary and community sector activity. Over the last 30 years, MK Community Foundation has provided over £20millon of support to local charities and community groups through our grants programme and rent subsidies, helping to make Milton Keynes a great place to live and work.
What to do next:
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Karen Cooper on 01908 304432
Application closing date: Monday 16th July 2018 at 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 30th July 2018.
*Please note that CVs are not accepted and applicants cannot apply through an agency.*