About the Role:
As Operations Assistant, you will be responsible for undertaking key administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of our organisation, such as stationary orders, stock management and database management. You will also provide administrative support to our Programmes and Fund Development Teams by co-ordinating papers, undertaking research, supporting communications projects and processing grant applications. You will also be able to develop skills in communications and event planning by supporting team with the planning and delivery of events and functions that that Community Foundation undertakes.
What we need from you:
• Strong administrative and numeracy skills with great attention to detail.
• Very good written and oral communication skills.
• Efficient organisational skills and has the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
• Evidence of strong IT skills (Word, e-mail, internet)
• Experience in database management (training will be given on in the house system).
• Effective customer service experience.
• Motivated, passionate, flexible and open to change to improve standards.
Salary: £16,500 - £17,500
Location: Acorn House, Central Milton Keynes
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday
Details: Full Time, Permanent following a six month probationary period.
The Community Foundation:
The Milton Keynes Community Foundation connects people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change in our communities through programmes such as grants making our annual Charity Car Raffle. We are leaders in developing philanthropy in our community and engaging with people and companies who have the ability to give money so that we can fund a wide range of voluntary and community sector activity. Over the last 30 years, MK Community Foundation has provided over £20millon of support to local charities and community groups through our grants programme and rent subsidies, helping to make Milton Keynes a great place to live and work.
What to do next:
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Vanessa Bradley on 01908 690276
Application closing date: Wednesday 15 March 2017 at 9am
Interview date: Monday 20 March 2017.
*Please note that CVs are not accepted and applicants cannot apply through an agency.*